Examining Board – WJEC
Law looks at the Legal System of England and Wales, focusing on understanding legal structures and processes and understanding legal reasoning, personnel and methods. Understanding of the legal system will be enhanced by the embedding of European Law within specialist areas of substantive law.
The fact that the statutory regimen and case law is constantly changing means you will have to keep up to date with the current legal climate. If you work hard and meet deadlines then this course may be for you!
Understanding legal values, structures and processes
Understanding legal reasoning, personnel and methods
Methods of Assessment
The aims of the course are to encourage students to:
- Develop and sustain their enjoyment of, and interest in, Law
- Develop knowledge and understanding of areas of Law and the legal system in England and Wales
- Develop an understanding of legal method and reasoning
- Develop a critical awareness of the changing nature of Law in society
- Develop a knowledge of the rights and responsibilities of individual citizens.
Scheme of Assessment
The Advanced Subsidary (AS) award comprises two written compulsory assessment units:
50% of total AS marks
50% of total A2 marks
There are no special qualifications required for the AS/A2 Law other than the standard GCSE quota needed for study at Rainford College.